"Revolutionary Road" (2008)




I really love this movie. Based on Richard Yate’s novel of the same name, and set in the mid 1950s suburban neighbourhood of Revolutionary Road, it tells the story of a young couple with a life that on the outside seems so perfect, but is in fact far from it.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays Frank Wheeler, a man who’s spent his years at Knox but wonders if there could be more to life. Played fantastically by Kate Winslet, his wife, April Wheeler, is desperate to escape her mundane lifestyle and hatches a plan to move to Paris where she will get a job instead, but as circumstances change, so does this plan. Kathy Bates also stars as neighbourhood busybody Helen Givings. – It was a real Titanic reunion!

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet’s performances are spectacular. Eleven years after Titanic, it’s a far cry from that romantic tale! There are some dark but powerful scenes. What I like about the film is that we feel for and understand both characters equally so it’s just sad to see them disintegrate. I think though that one of my favourite moments is when Kathy Bates’ character is talking to her husband about the Wheelers but he doesn’t want to listen so turns down his hearing aid! I like the score in this movie too.

Yes, I think this would be one of my favourites Leonardo DiCaprio films. :) 



TRAILER:





Comments