"Rumour Has It" (2005)



Jennifer Aniston plays Sarah Huttinger, a woman who learns that her family was the inspiration for the book and film “The Graduate”, and wonders if she is the offspring of this well talked about event. Engaged to Jeff Daly, played by Mark Ruffalo, they return to Sarah’s home for her sister’s wedding, but Sarah, herself, is quietly uncertain about her engagement. Feeling as if she doesn’t belong amidst her family, she sets out to find the man at the heart of the rumour, Beau Burroughs, played by Kevin Costner. Kathy Bates also makes an appearance as Aunt Mitsy, and Shirley MacLaine is also very good.

I just watched this the other day. I’m not really one for rom-coms, they’re not really my genre, but I think I enjoyed this. The idea is so outrageous it’s funny all by itself. I mean, for yourself, your mother and your grandmother to somehow have a fling with the same man, is just...who comes up with this kind of thing? There are moments when you sort of sit back with an ‘oh my God’ or ‘...awkward...’ feeling but it’s all in good fun. Mark Ruffalo is a likeable actor, I don’t think you can go too far wrong with him. Jennifer Aniston is of course within her comfort zone so she’s very good in her role too.

I think this is an enjoyable film and worth sitting down with. Check it out! 




TRAILER:





Comments