"Inception" (2010)



Dom Cobb is a skilled dream thief, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state when the mind is at its most vulnerable. But he is also a fugitive, unable to return to his children. He is offered a chance to return however: the condition being if he can perform the impossible known as inception. Now his team of specailists must come together, not to steal information, but to plant an idea in someone’s head instead. Of course, nothing is straight forward and as they hit some bumps along the way, Cobb must come to terms with some demons of his own. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Tom Hardy. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Soundtrack featuring Hans Zimmer.

I’ve always had a fascination with dreams and the concept of dreaming so I really like this film. It’s so confusing but if you can follow it, it’s brilliant. There are some scenes that are pretty class.

My favourite scene would be when Ellen Page’s character is practicing being able to influence the dream and changing her surroundings. I think it’s really cool! The special effects are great.

  

Leonardo DiCaprio seems to go for complicated characters quite a lot. Cobb has some deep issues he needs to learn to deal with throughout the film, very similar to those the character he played in “Shutter Island” had to actually. He’s very good in the role, as always.

But I think my favourite character was probably Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s character. I liked the dialogue between him and Tom Hardy’s character. Particularly during the scene when Ellen Page is first learning about the ability to lucid dream and how to influence dreams etc. I liked Tom Hardy’s character too actually, he was pretty funny.

I like the music too. It’s really cool. Even to listen to any of the pieces on the soundtrack just walking down the street you feel pretty bad-ass.

There’s a documentary “Cinema Of The Subconscious” on the special features of the DVD of this film, where Joseph Gordon-Levitt finds out more about dreams, i.e. talking to professionals within this field and speaking to people who’ve experienced a lucid dream and can do it. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched it at this stage but I think it’s the most fascinating thing! It’s just amazing! I could launch into the wonder that is dreaming and spout out a number of facts to you right here and now, but you might enjoy the documentary more than my babbling, so here it is to watch for yourselves! (I do recommend checking it out because it is really fascinating!) I always wished this topic was part of our science curriculum in school!


So yeah. Short and sweet, but there’s not much else to say really. Conclusion: this is a good film and I would recommend it! - But I do advise that you pay close attention because it is a bit complicated‼



TRAILER:



Comments